Sunday 21 October 2012

Day 1 Reflection

Experience
Everyone was in the airplane awaiting for the plane to take off. It was the first time that some students were taking a flight. I was feeling very nervous and excited. I could not even sleep. If you were awake, you could see other students sleeping in weird positions. Some used the blanket and covered themselves from head to toe, while others were snoring loudly and they were a disturbance to others, wthout themselves knowing. I hope i wasn't the one snoring loudly! It would have been very embarassing!

We reached New Delhi International Airport. Everything went smoothly. So, we took our luggage and went to the immigration. Then, reality struck. I was not in Singapore anymore, I'm not with my parents, I'm alone. I have to be responsible for my belongings. I have to be a responsible leader now.
New Delhi International Airport was clean and neat just like the airport in Singapore.

It was hazy outside when we stepped out of the airport and we were met with a a strong burning smell. It might have been because of the pollution.

We got into the bus and I was so excited that I could not stop looking out of the window. I saw squatters under the bridges and children begging for food and money. I felt really sad and appreciative of Singapore as most of us in Singapore have a shelter over our heads. I felt like giving them some money but understand the reasons why we cannot.

Next, we went to Pathways School, Gurgaon. The school was amazing! They have a lot of facilities such as a swimming pool and an indoor cricket court. We were lucky that we were able to join the school for their 2nd Anniversary celebration. the celebration was really awesome as we were exposed to different culture and food. They also had a wishing tree which was filled with students', teachers' and visitors' hope for the school in the years to come. The teachers and students were very friendly and hospitable to us. The students even served our lunch for us. I felt really embarrassed but thankful at the same time for their warm hospitality. We had a great time in the school interacting with the students. I look forward to meeting them tomorrow again!

Performance
We did not have much sense of urgency when the teachers gave us instructions. We became withdrawn when we had to interact with the teachers and students of Pathways School. We did not have much confidence in answering questions but we respected their culture and finished the food that we were given.

Learning Points
We need to react faster when instructions are given. We should have more confidence to speak up. We should be polite and greet anyone in front of us.

Reflected by:
Mohd Haziq
Christine Chong
Rachel Teh
Valone Siau

No comments:

Post a Comment